After I wrote yesterday’s post, the solicitor emailed us the draft of our offer for us to ok, which we did and so our offer on the croft has now gone in…gulp… So we are just waiting to hear now. So, probably very predictably I have this morning been questioning whether we are making a huge mistake or a massive amazing leap of good or god ness. I think it’s partly because we watched the first episode of BBC documentary on Fair Isle the other night, Fair Isle: Living on the Edge. Wow it is full on, beautiful but full on, but what really got me was that their children have to go away to school on Lerwick, Shetland at the age of 11. I found that really upsetting, so I double checked what it was like where we may be moving and it is fine. It is more like 15/16 when they have to go further for education, which seems a lot better to me.
So, hopefully we should soon know whether we are moving 700 ish miles to the most northerly islands in the UK to what is effectively a smallholding, when we have so far spent our married life in a terrace in Chesterfield, or whether we are not yet moving and still need to find somewhere…. Oooooh….watch this space…and pray…..